The Cosby Show: For the East Upper Village Bohemian Socialite Side!

This outfit is dedicated to four of my new fans, the Mandarin Martinis!  It's out there, it's strange, it's HALF A JACKET! It's ART!



This past week's challenge (yes, I'm a little behind because of the Faire last weekend) was to design outfits based on different areas of New York.  I haven't had the opportunity yet to walk around the city, but I do remember in one episode of the Cosby Show, Denise taught Vanessa the appropriate way to dress in the East Village.  You dress in clothes that you steal from your father's closet!


This avant garde outfit is a combination of Vanessa's plaid suit (East Village) that she borrowed from Cliff, and the voluminous over-one-shoulder wrap that dancing Claire (Upper East Side) wears in the opening sequence of Season 3.  The result is this totally unusual mesh of Vanessa's youtfulness (and her Hair), Claire's sophistication, and Denise's artsy/strange taste.  I love it, I don't care if everyone else hates it!  You don't see stuff like this every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment