Wonder Woman: Themysciran Sister Knows All

I realized I had a large number of gauze all of a sudden in my collection, so I wanted to make an INCREDIBLY 80's inspired hooded shirt in this lovely purple color.

How does this say, "Wonder Woman," you ask?  Well, as I am sure all of you recall, at the beginning of the TV series, it is shows that Diana a.k.a. Wonder Woman, Amazonian Princess, former Goddess of Truth, Founder of the Justice League, and Ambassador to the UN comes from Paradise Island, where women's "everyday clothes" are greek goddess-like, hence, the gauze!

(Also note the cuffs in the shape of the bullet-reflecting Femenium Bracelets, the waist belt, and very short shorts...)

I like this one!  I'm beginning to get really comfortable in the current style of looser tops.  Although do note that I can't just make things that look droopy, regardless of what is going around these days.  I still supported and defined the shoulders with raglan shoulder pads, and you'd better believe that belt is tight.

From a technical standpoint, I also figured out how to make the hood a part of the blouse all cut from the same piece of fabric, (as opposed to attaching it separately like a collar and having a seam at the neck and on the top of the head.)  I think this creates a much smoother and versatile transition from hood to bodice.

No comments:

Post a Comment