Three's Company: Janet's Asian Flower Shop Outfit

It's a collar that not only stands out asymetrically, it also magically flows down and becomes the sides of the bodice.  That's inSANE!  You just don't SEE things like this!

I was determined after last week's hot air balllon bodice to still make something that added volume around the neck without being so unflattering.  So I thought about making a cutout, and then thought how it would look if there were flowers sticking out the the cutout, and you know how I like to make big collars, and so the next phase of insanity begins...

This top and its components are SO very intricate.  The collar is not simply tacked down onto the blouse.  It actually IS the part that connects to the back at the sides.  I think that I had to take it apart at different points during construction at least three times because I got lost as to what part belonged where.  It was a great mental challenge!

Since the top is very compicated, the slacks are extremely simple.  No pockets, pleats, not even a fly at the front.  And it's one of the best pairs of pants I have even made....

By the way, in case you are wondering, the flowers are from a papyrus plant in bloom.  I saw them in front of an apartment building today and ran out of the car, snipped off a number of stalks, and ran away.

No comments:

Post a Comment