The Addam's Family: IT's Granny!

Okay, so with Hollyween swiftly approaching, I felt the Addams Family calling to me once again.  Previously, I made a Morticia/Gomez combo, and a Fester/Pugsley one (Wednesday stood alone, as always...), so I thought about a Granny/Cousin It mix-up, and the result is a coat that I know at least one of my fans will no longer be my friend if I don't give it to her.

This outfit is not so much fashion forward as it is fun and stylish to play with.  I mean, we've seen fur-collared coats before, but the overall look and story is exactly what I was going for.

I don't remember what Granny wore on the Addams family.  I think it was some dusty layered dress, but when I think of gothic grannies, I think of old-ladies that hit their prime in the 1920's, so they sill wear their flimsy flapper dresses under dusty black velvet and fur coats and put of every piece of jewelry they own. 

And of course, Cousin It can't be forgotten for what he was, so I made the coat extra... hairy, with oversized fur cuffs that can be pulled down to be used as a muff and a collar that can be popped up for extra warmth around the face or folded down and out of the way.

And, of course, Raine loved getting to look like a dark freak again, so it was difficult to get her to hide her smile and look sufficiently creepy!

No comments:

Post a Comment