The Love Boat: Julie McCoy Announcing Fun and Fabulousness on the Lido Deck

I don't know why I didn't make something like this until now. I've had in the back of my mind doing a dress for Julie McCoy inspired by not only her blue and white uniform, but also by the famous Pacific Princes logo.  Throw a little bit of Charo in, and I love it!

As many of you know, evening dresses aren't always my strength, which is surprising because I do like making things that are really fitted, and evening gowns are exactly that, just long.  Of course, I couldn't make it easy on myself and do a one-piece...

The bodice is supposed to look like her uniform jacket, with the opening of the "collar" exposing the "shirt" underneath.  I really like this effect and it's was kind of difficult to accomplish, which makes me extra grateful that it turned out well!

The super-wavy double skirt took a LOT of fabric, but looks amazing in motion, I wish I could show you how Trina twirled sashayed around the room during the fittings. 

By the way, did you play the video of the Love Boat Theme Song I posted?  Needless to say, there was more than one selection to choose from when I searched for the opening credits, but the one I posted was the very first one I played.  Halston, Bob Mackie, Gloria Vanderbilt?  All in one?!  I didn't need to search for ANY other choice in video to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment