The Freak Show Castaways

Pre Shooting Post!
    Below are a few test shots of some new outfits for an upcoming shoot I would like to do, with my thoughts and ideas for the styling.  These concepts are not set in stone, however!  They are just what I used to inspire me during the design process and I know that the model will make these look extra-special.
The Faded Flamingo- A magician's assistant, she was left at the side of the road when "Mr. Magic" decided that he was better off on his own and didn't need a pretty sidekick.
She's supposed to look like a half Flamingo-half Showgirl and I see her sitting on a suitcase in really dirty surroundings in this super-frilly outfit looking all dejected and pissed off.
I envision this look to go with curly unruly blonde hair, like this.  I still have that wig should we want to use it.  I also know a headdress designer that will lend us a white headdress if we would like to use one.

 












Petra Vitanseski, the Flying Feline- A member of a Romanian family of trapeeze artists and tightrope walkers called, "The Flying Vitaneskis." Petra declared, as she was the most talented and beautiful, she deserved an act all of her own.  The family disowned her.  She reinvented herself as the "half leopard/half lady."

 This outfit is actually a swimsuit, and then I made a stretch jacket with shoulder pads to go over it.  The skirt is really full, so I can see you having some fun with that, but truthfully, I think you will like the look with just the swimsuit because it's a really hot swimsuit by itself.  I want to put you this dark wig wearing lots of makeup for this look to add to the "Romanian Beauty" vibe.




"Sarafina The Reptile Woman" - A briefly popular attraction at the sideshow, the lady who looks very beautiful from the front turns around and has a back full of reptile spines.

I had this one finished, but broke the zipper when I took it off the mannequin, so that is why it looks a little boxy.  There is also not a good shot of the reptile spines because they are made to stand out when you are hunched over.  The makeup should be insane for this one and obviously hair should be up or short in order to keep the spines in back from being covered.  I high bun or even a huge braid hanging down the side could also be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment