Hogan's Heroes - Crpl. Lisette Lebeau, French Security Animal Trainer

First of all, ISN'T THAT BERET ADORABLE?!

This outfit is inspired by Corporal Louis Lebeau, who, along with being in charge of cooking, also trained the German Shepherd guard dogs to not attack him or his allies.

Lebeau was very short, and like many very short people was often viewed as childlike, so with this outfit, I wanted to play up a schoolgirl/juvenile orphan look.



















It's funny that I started with the concept of the jacket being the main focus of this ensemble, and ended up liking the interior much better. I think the jacket is cute and a nice shape, but if I were to make one like this again, I would definitely choose a different fabric such as a nice tweed. The material I used wrinkles extremely easily and would benefit from a deeper texture.




















































So, when originally I was thinking of making a simple skirt and blouse under the jacket, maybe a vest, but then I decided why not make something more interesting? So I designed this cute little jumper, a style which I have made before, with a little extra details such as a button up front and offset seams. Hanging on the side is a little matching satchel to carry nice puppy treats! Speaking of puppies...








Okay, I have to say this picture was the hardest one to take ever! The dogs are NOT allowed in my sewing room, so they were utterly confused as to why all of a sudden I was pulling them in rather than pushing them out like I normally do. Also I wasn't using a flash because I didn't want laser eyes. So with the longer exposure time, I got blurry, furry blobs from squirmy goggies!



























Huge lesson learned this round was how to use the plaid for me and not fight against it, like I did with my previous outfit. With a plaid pattern, box pleats are a snap, because you don't have to measure or meticulously mark where the folds go. It's already marked for you on the fabric! This material was also great for adding dimension with highlights and shadows in intentionally placed areas of the dress.

Posted by Picasa






1 comment:

  1. The boys are SO cute...great job in getting their cooperation. You should work with kids next! :) Cute ensemble, too, but it wouldn't work for me. My balls would show under the hemline.

    ReplyDelete