3C - Shop Girl Janet

Janet works in a flower shop. On the old show, she used to dress up in what I thought looked like church clothes to go to work. Nowadays, I think Janet would be a lot more casual like most flower store girls, but still dressed to intice customers.























This more sexy Janet's top is made from very sheer strech poly with a carribean floral/leaf print. I wanted to put a lot of puffs and ruffles all over to simulate flower petals and bulbs.

I've never made a blousey blouse like this one. As you know, I favor very fitted tops with darts sucking everything in. But this experiment turned out quite well! The waist and arm bands are gathered in by elastic to fit her body.


The slightly flared jeans (that I made from every last inch of cotton fabric that I got from a garage sale) actually do funcionally button all the way up and down each side. The mannequins are a bit of a challenge to dress in pants because you have to remove them from the floor base each time, and Raine is expecially difficult beacuse her feet are far apart, which means I have to remove her left leg to get her pants on as well. I figured it would be convenient to just place the closures on the sides of the pants so I wouldn't have to deal with that process.

Well, after all was said and done, it would have taken less time to remove her from her base and do the leg thing than it did to sit there and button 56 buttons up and down each side! I really love the look that the buttons give, though, so I'm still glad I took the time to do it. However, if I decide to do the same button leg thing again, I'll definitely fake it just for the look and not actually make all the buttons functional.



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment