Three's Company: Roper's Risque Transformation

If sexually frustrated Mrs. Roper ever left Stanley, got major face and body work and ditched her curly strawberry wig for a blonde bob, I imagine she would wear extra tight versions of her old mumus.

Believe it or not, I was planning on making this dress out of a different, aqua-colored, fabric.  This striped pink doesn't look that nice on the roll, so I used it as a mock-up fabric.  But when I looked at the mock up, I was like, "Oh, my god!  She looks almost naked!" and the dresses' fate was sealed...

Doing something like this intricate twist effect is easy and hard at the same time.  In one instance, there are less darts and lines to sew to make it fit.  On the other hand, this is one of those things that you look at the strangely shaped pieces and start to put together and think you're doing it completely wrong because it's all a twisted mess.

Then you put it on the form and all is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment