Elemental Challenge: The Air Goddess Brings nothing but goodness and light

I know I could regret sharing this, but ever since I was in my early twenties,  I've had this fantasy that in some alternate universe, I  am part of a pop supergroup phenomenon called "Elementals," with each member representing a different element.  Water is a sexy black girl, Earth is a buzz-cut skater, Air is a blonde soprano, Fire is a Latino guy, and I am Lightning.  The whole world loves us and every song we sing is an instant hit.  Everybody asks each other, "Which Element are you?" just like people used to ask "Who's your favorite Spice Girl?"

So, therefore, this challenge was cool and dear to my brain.

This week, the challenge was to design a garment inspired by one of the elements.  No other direction was given, so a lot of the designers went intentionally FAR out of the box and created colorless dresses out of black and grey.... Why?

For those that have been following me for a while, you know that I already have made a Sea Goddess dress, so I thought it necessary to create am Air Goddess dress that actually was flowy and colorful and...airy!  

No offense to Trina and my other girls, but this instance a live, flexible walking runway model would showcase this garment a LOT better!  I just wish that I could take a picture right of how the fabric moves in the wind with arms outstretched and huge strides being taken.  But, that will have to wait, so this set and the will just have to work for now.







I set up three sets of fans to blow on Trina to show flowiness, but since I prefer to use my camera with spotlights rather than with a flash, it was hard to take a picture without the moving parts of the dress becoming blurry, so I took a video to show how it blows in the wind.  The clip only lasts a few seconds (and I know it looks "squished", it's because I rotated the screen in an editing program, and that's just the way it is!).



When I thought of the kind of costumes my Supergroup would wear, this is definitely one that my Air girl would wear in some romantic ballad number with the wind blowing up from stage fans as the crowd hold up lighters and cries because we are all so beautiful.



Okay, now that I've shared this with the world, let the teasing begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment