The Brady Bunch: Emo Jan in Yellow?! That's Crazy, I tell you!!!

Ah, Jan.  Misfit, moody, unhappy Jan.  Who else could play her other than Raine?

I must say that I am SO glad that I didn't go with my first (safe) idea of putting Jan in bellbottoms and tight blouse.  Yes, it would have looked pretty good, but would have matched the yellow pants outfit I recall from one episode that inspired this color scheme.  Besides, I've made them before.

Jan was never my favorite character on The Brady Bunch (was she anybody's?), although she did get quite pretty in the last season.  I am, however, intrigued by the legend of Fake Jan.  Remember her?  She's the girl who replaced Jan for the eight-episode first and only season of The Brady Bunch Hour.  She even has her own website! http://www.fakejan.com/ Awesome!  From her site, I learned how she tucked her bangs under her long hair to make her look more like Eve Plumb, a technique I then employed to Raine's wig!

I figured that if Jan were a teenager in high school today, she would be kind of an emo kid, and the emo girls (which is different than goth) that I see walking home from the school near my place seem to favor clothing that looks like a combination of clothes that they have had since they were twelve (like tight pants, usually black jeans, that make their legs and hips look very skinny) and gender unspecific pieces (like curve-hiding baggy torsos worn over skinny armed long-sleeved tees). 

So my made Emo Jan have tight yellow pants that Kick Ass.  I am so impressed with these pants because they fit so well.  I think I finally solidified my strategy for pocket placement.  I also made a loose open-fronted jacket that is not made to close.  For any of you tailors out there who know what the following means: if you move the bust points closer to the center than where they naturally fall on the model, the top will automatically hang open in the front.  For those of you who have no idea what I'm talking about:  Ha, Ha!  I'm smarter than yoU!

No comments:

Post a Comment